Hong Kong – September 15, 2017 – The American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong submitted today its recommendations to the HKSAR Administration led by Chief Executive Mrs. Carrie Lam, who will deliver her first Policy Address speech in October.
In summary, AmCham calls on the HKSAR to:
- Proactively develop a growth strategy that captures fresh opportunities while maintaining Hong Kong's hallmark core strengths and values;
- Identify a clearly-defined and long-term position that fits into the larger national development strategy of China with thoughtful planning;
- Maintain Hong Kong’s strong rule of law, press freedom, open data, government efficiency and way of life as China’s first testing ground for globalizing businesses;
- Become a thought leader in technology, innovation, education and the arts, and re-think its position beyond its traditional strengths of logistics, trade and finance;
- Develop a plan for collaboration across industry sectors and effectively communicate its position and strategy to the wider community to garner public understanding and support.
Please click here for the Full Text of the Submission.
Please contact the following persons for further details or interview arrangement.
Agnes Tsang (Ms.)
Director, Government Relations & Public Affairs
Tel: (852) 2530 6927
Queenie Tsui (Ms.)
Manager, Government Relations & Public Affairs
Tel: (852) 2530 6914
MORE ABOUT AMCHAM HK
With roughly 1,600 members, the American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (AmCham) is one of the largest American Chambers outside the United States, the largest international chamber in Hong Kong, and one of the most dynamic and influential international business organizations in the Asia-Pacific region. AmCham’s mission is to foster commerce among the United States, Hong Kong, and Mainland China; and to enhance Hong Kong's stature as an international business center.