U.S.-China Trade Tension Series Events
- U.S.-China Trade War on Hold: The View from Washington (Jun 11) - Highlight
- Dialogue with U.S.-China Business Council (May 15, Members Only) - Podcast
- Daggers Drawn: What does the U.S.-China Trade Standoff Mean for You? (May 7)
- The Oncoming Storm: U.S.-China Trade and Tariff Issues - Planning for the Impact on your Supply Chain (Apr 25)
News & Views
- The U.S. is forgetting the differences between Hong Kong and China. Let’s remind them (Jul 18)
- AmCham Chairman Jack Lange comments on latest U.S.-China trade tensions (Jul 9)
- RTHK Backchat: the latest on U.S.-China trade relations, feat. AmCham (Jun 21)
- Downward spiral of U.S.-China trade spat will hurt Hong Kong, commerce chief Edward Yau warns (Jun 21)
Podcast - Tune-in
- Jacob Parker on U.S.-China Trade Tension (May 15, 2018)
AmCham’s Margaret Loo had a conversation with Mr. Jacob Parker, Vice President of China Operations at U.S.- China Business Council
- One World, Two Systems (May 8, 2018)
Stephen Olson of the Hinrich Foundation and China Development Institute’s Dr Zhang Guoping, both research fellows, speak about the fundamental divide between the post-War global trading system led by the United States and the alternative model of a rapidly rising China.
- Partner Podcast: Tariffs, Tension and the Future of U.S.-China Trade (Mar 22)
In this episode we discuss recent U.S.-China trade tensions, what can be done to improve trade relations, and what U.S. businesses in China should be doing to minimize any associated negative impact. Special thanks to AmCham Shanghai
- Daniel Russel on U.S. - China Trade (Feb 5)
As U.S. - China trade tensions rise, AmCham President Tara Joseph speaks to Daniel Russel, Diplomat in residence at the Asia Society Institute and Former Assistant Secretary of State for East Asian and Pacific Affairs.
About U.S. Washington D.C. Updates
As 2018 marks the fourth year of AmCham’s “Five-Year Strategic Plan”, The Chamber has strengthened its advocacy capacity by stepping up its Washington D.C. engagement highlighting Hong Kong’s strategic role for American and international business in Asia. As our valued Member, you may receive "AmCham HK’s Washington Updates" periodically covering the latest developments on a wide range of important topics.
If you would like to continue receiving U.S.-related advocacy updates, please click here to subscribe (login required, AmCham members only).
You may also be interested in...