Seven prodigious women, a business leader and an exceptional company were honored “Women of Influence” (WOI) Awards (「最具影響力女性」獎項) in recognition of their career accomplishments and their support for the empowerment of women at the 14th Women of Influence Conference & Awards (第十四屆「最具影響力女性」論壇暨頒獎禮) held at the Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong on November 10.
Organized by the American Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong (AmCham), the WOI conference is one of the most established women’s symposiums in the Asia Pacific region. The awards confer accolades to individuals and organizations who have achieved exceptional achievements and dedicated steadfast commitment to supporting female leadership in business.
Date: November 10, 2017
Time: 8:00am - 2:30pm
Venue: Four Seasons Hotel Hong Kong, Grand Ballroom, Level 2, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong
Morning Keynote Panel: Top Executives in Hong Kong Weigh in on Disruption
- Sanjeev Chatrath, Managing Director, Region Head, Asia, Financial & Risk, Thomson Reuters
- Brian Henderson, Chief Operating Officer, Baker & McKenzie
- Lâle Kesebi, Chief Communications Officer; Head, Strategic Engagement, Li & Fung
- David Thomas, Senior Vice President, HR Asia, Manulife Financial Asia Ltd.
- Shirley Xie, Consulting Leader, PwC China and Hong Kong
- Tara Joseph, President, The American Chamber of Commerce in HK (Moderator)
Luncheon Keynote by Jung Chang: How I Became a Writer
Concurrent Panel 1: How Technology is Disrupting Consumers Lives
- Cally Chan. General Manager, Microsoft Hong Kong and Macau
- Elsie Cheung, Chief Operating Officer, South China Morning Post Publishers Limited (SCMP)
- Cat Rüst, Head of Innovation Technologies, WM Greater China, UBS AG
- Ian Stone, Independent Non-Executive Director, Tencent Holdings Limited
- Leonie Valentine, Managing Director – Sales & Operations, Google (Hong Kong) Limited (Moderator)
Concurrent Panel 2: Millennials: Is the Next Generation Already Disrupting the Workforce?
- George Chen, Head of Public Policy, Hong Kong & Taiwan, Facebook Hong Kong Limited
- Brenda Haitema, Asia Supply Chain & Sales, Thread International
- Cassie Mak, Founder, Off Menu
- Gregor Miller, Founder & Managing Director, Vision Learning HK Ltd.
- Elaine Cheung, Group CFO, Regal Springs AG (Moderator)
Concurrent Panel 3: Life Events: When Life Gets in the Way: What to Do with Personal Disruption
- Patricia Ho, Human Rights Lawyer, Daly, Ho & Associates
- Phyllis Ann Marwah, Co-founder, Mother's Choice
- Fermi Wong, Founding Director, Hong Kong Unison
- Lieny Jang, Director – Marketing, Commercial and Residential Solutions, Emerson Asia-Pacific
- Shalini Mahtani, MBE, Co-Founder and Chair, The Zubin Mahtani Gidumal Foundation Ltd.