Led by Vice Chairman Walter Dias, President Richard Vuylsteke and Past Chairman James Sun, AmCham HK has just achieved another success of its Annual Doorknock to Beijing on October 26-27, 2015. The Doorknock delegation was participated by 18 AmCham leaders and senior executives of corporate members from a wide range of industries and had candid discussions with officials of China’s Central Government ministries, HKSAR Government Beijing Office and US Embassy, as well as Chinese and American enterprises. The discussions covered key topics such as HK’s role in China’s 13th Five Year Plan and in the Belt and Road Initiative, China’s financial reform and RMB internationalization, SOE reform, Chinese enterprises going global and US-China relations etc..
- Meeting with Mr. Tommy Yuen, Deputy Director, Beijing Office of HKSAR
- Meeting with Ms. Xing Yujing, Secretary General of Monetary Policy Committee & Director General of Monetary Policy Department II, People's Bank of China
- Networking Luncheon Meeting with CCPIT Beijing, Beijing Commercial Commission and Beijing enterprises
- Meeting with Mr. Yuan Leifeng, Deputy Director General, Bureau of Planning and Development and Mr. Yin Yisheng, Deputy Director General, Bureau of Enterprise Reform, State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission.
- Meeting with Vice Minister Zhu Guangyao, Ministry of Finance
- Meeting with Mr. Qi Bin, Director General, International Cooperation Department, China Securities Regulatory Commission
- Meeting with Ms. Kang Wen, Deputy Director General, Taiwan, HK and Macau Affairs Department and colleagues from Department of Treaty and Law and Department of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce
- Luncheon meeting with Mr. Ning Gaoning, Chairman of COFCO
- Meeting with Mr. Wang Yiming, Vice President (Vice Minister), member of the Leading Party Members’ Group, Development Research Center of the State Council
- Last but not least, the delegation also met Ambassador Max Baucus,U.S. Ambassador to the People’s Republic of China, and his Country Team, U.S. Embassy in Beijing