Hong Kong topped real estate charts in 2017 with the US$5.2 billion acquisition of Li Ka-shing’s The Center the world’s biggest sale of a single office block. The strong Asian demand is likely to continue, with transactions growing about 5% to as much as US$140 billion this year, says JLL in a new research report.
JLL’s other tips for 2018:
- Asian investors to top the US$26 billion invested in U.S., Europe in first three quarters of 2017 as region’s markets unable to absorb local capital
- India to be star attraction for global investors
- Demand for alternative assets such as senior housing, data centers, self-storage to grow as investors seek diversity
- The rise of innovative and personalized work spaces to attract and retain talent
- Proptech disruption to real estate sector to speed up
Read more at JLL